- About Us
- Our Services
- Special Events
CEAP's Senior Chores ProgramDesigned to help seniors and adults with disabilities with their household tasks, this program helps clients live independently by getting assistance in the following areas:
- Seasonal Outdoor Work: Workers and volunteers clean and change storm windows, rake yards, clean gutters, and trim shrubs.
- Minor Home Maintenance: Workers repair broken windows, leaky faucets, and unsafe porch steps; perform minor electrical, carpentry, and plumbing jobs; install locks; do minor weatherization; and interior jobs among other things. (No roof repair)
- Yard Work & Snow Removal: Lawn and drive way maintenance such as mowing, trimming, weeding, and snow removal are provided.
- Indoor Housekeeping: Workers vacuum, clean floors, kitchens, and bathrooms, and do laundry. (No food preparation, personal care, or mobility assistance provided)
To be eligible for CEAP's Senior Chore services you must:
- Live in Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Champlin, Osseo, or the Camden area of Minneapolis
- Be 60 years of age or older, or be an adult with disabilities.
- If you meet these requirements and are interested in receiving services please call our Senior Services Coordinator at 763.450.3667.
Interested in doing these jobs?
Aside from our Spring & Fall Raking programs all of our senior chore jobs are paid services. Workers from the community are hired as independent contractors. Background checks and interviews are conducted through CEAP, and workers are paid an hourly rate by our clients immediately after the assigned work is completed.
If you are interested in these employment opportunities please complete an Application and contact our Senior Chores Coordinator at 763.450.3667.